May 2, 2012

Sweet

OK, I have to say it, this retirement thing is sweeeeet! I wake around 4:30 AM, stretch and contemplate the loveliness of the post-sunrise choices. Leave for the beach at 6 with Jackson, walk with friends. Then.... Knit? Spin? Clean closets? Ride my bike? Time. Bless you.

Day after tomorrow I leave for Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival ! Another sweet thing, I can go when and where I want. If I knew how terrific this would feel, would I have resenting working and saving $ for YEARS and YEARS any less?

Speaking of cleaning closets, yes, the under-stairs closet is now cleaned out. Before and after! Actually, the before is everything that was in it, spread out all over.


Amazing, huh? 

Next, I finished the CEY Starboard neck thing, only I joined it in a big loop that wraps around my neck three times. No ends to fiddle with!

Not a normally pink girl, nor a picot girl, what is old age doing to my brain?? That reminds me of something one of my fellow beach dog walkers told me when I asked the names of his dogs... "Wyatt and Riley," he said, "or Riot and Wily sometimes!"

And~ a linen neck thing or possibly head thing, from Quince & Co Sparrow ~ a lovely Belgian linen. I'm going to love this! It's going to be a Cabled Necklace and is from olgajazzzy, who has various other wonderful things on her blogs, check it out. This is a free pattern on Ravelry.

OK, I'm off for some preventative car maintenance thing, to stave off the possibililty of an annoying car issue on the long drive from Maine to Maryland in a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.