Oct 30, 2011

Lifelines

Ok, not lace, but my sanity.

Take this weekend, for instance. Did I mention my work environment now sucks very loudly, with the new mother ship imposing her will on us and picking off the best and brightest? Either by transfer, or, if that is refused (and why, truthfully, would anyone want to move from Portland, ME to the heartland... or worse, the mine-pocked landscape of the middle West?) by layoff.

What I perceived as a work environment with a high premium on integrity has vanished. When one is are a gatekeeper this has the effect of pulling the rug out and knocking off the footholds. Never have I had to spend so much time crafting simple, clear replies... they have brought their minefields with them.

So, the importance of immersion in fibery goodness just grows by leaps and bounds.

Have now 5 projects on the needles, my limit, I'd say. I'm still working on Earl Grey's Amber Trinket... initially thinking I might finish it by the time Rhinebeck rolled around, but that was not to be. I may not be done by TDay.

 I'm immersed in Cat Bordhi's designs. And her blog, here which has a fabulous account of a recent visit to the maritimes to teach and visit with Lucy Neatby.



First her Sweet Tomato Heel and second, her Sweet Tomato Padded heel, both are divine and more importantly, FIT ME!


Cast on Warm All Winter by the same designer, but frogged it last night -- maybe another yarn, was using a Woolen Rabbit yarn, very soft, but not right for this.

AND now Anemone Hats. All Cat's, all fabulous. This will be the arctic one, Jojoland Fantasia. Magical Moebius-land!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.