Apr 16, 2010

Goodbye Lee, I'll Miss You

I received the news today that a coworker, friend, good friend, died last night. He was someone whose voice I heard in almost any work-related situation. I relied on his judgement, committment, integrity. I know, until I retire in a few years, I'll be wondering, "What would Lee have thought?"
His death was unexpected, because we all thought he was getting better. Lee had cancer for some time, but not many people knew he'd been battling it for some time. I don't believe he suffered much physical pain in his illness, but leaving his wife and sons must have caused him excruciating mental pain. I wish I could think he'd died in peace but I know last night his body just gave in to the damage from the chemo and the infection.

So goodbye, Lee. I won't forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.